Friday, December 12, 2014

The Simpsons: Marge and Lisa Simpson

It's been awhile since I've made a post, hasn't it? Well I've been busy with work and all that nonsense but now my schedule's more free I'll be making some more posts! Well, enough about me... Also props to Bambino for managing to do a wonderful 25 days of Christmas! It's harder than it seems.

The Simpsons is a series created by Matt Groening and it was a quick improv sketch as he was heading to do an animated short on the Tracey Ulman show. What was such a simple and crudely drawn sketch has created nothing short of an empire and argubly one of the best shows of all time but also one of the longest running shows of all time which is a feat since its entirely animated. Just about everyone knows The Simpsons and while a lot of lost faith in its episodes I still consider it a great show.

In this post I'll be focusing only on the current season which has gotten a small but noticeable animation quality boost.

                                                      Marge Simpson

Marge Simpson is one of the main characters of the series and she's the loving mother of Bart, Lisa and Maggey and wife of the main character, Homer Simpson. She often holds her anger back, gritting her teeth and commonly acts as the straightwoman in most situations. That's not to say over the years she hasn't gotten into her own kind of trouble, of course.

The first batch is from Season 26 Episode 2.

In this scene Homer was trying to be a more involved parent for once and trying to deal with Bart giving Marge a break and she was giving him some support.

This next batch is from the next episode. Despite what was going on the animation was unfortunately static so I didn't feel the need to capture every frame.

She was rubbing her foot after a very tiring day at her new job where she runs a bakery. Unfortunately as I've said the animation was static and brief.

                                                 LISA SIMPSON

Lisa Simpson is the brilliant daughter of Homer and Marge who often feels the need to fight for what she believes in which has created a backlash with fans with her overly liberal plots and what people deem to be the writers using her as their voice. I, however, enjoy the rides they often bring.

This set is from Season 26 Episode 7

In this scene The Simpsons went to Burning man and they are just discovering the wonders after a great night sleep.

This next batch is from the most recently aired episode, Season 26 episode 9.

Bart and Lisa are walking to their Christmas presents after a long and troublesome Christmas Eve.

Well, this is it for now. I'll cover the rest of the season. Next up I'm planning on doing Family Guy and Futurama! And once I get time I'll cap the open-toed heel outfits from Bayonetta. Thanks for reading and once again it's cool of you to do a 25 days of Christmas Bambino.


  1. Thanks for the praise. Though honestly I'm not sure I'll be able to do all 25 days of Christmas. I've kind of hit a brick wall in regards to posting ideas/

    1. You're welcome. And I can understand if you can't. It's tough trying to bring quality posts here!

  2. interesting fact is when you see her walking down the stairs in the xmas ep Lisa is wearing her slippers

    so ticks me off that Lisa and Marge wear slippers where Homer and Bart are barefoot in the pajamas