Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Gemini Fanart: Hooray For Books Barefoot Girl

I first saw this particular character when I was almost 9 years old, and entering the third grade in late 1992. She was part of a classroom decor set called Hooray For Books, made by Trends Enterprises in the mid 1970s. It was basically just a few pictures of cartoon characters promoting literacy, but she caught my eye because of her big bare feet. In the original illustration, she's looking at a butterfly with a magnifying glass, and has a butterfly book in hand. Thanks to Gemini, I've given her new life, and a fresh updated look (along with 10 fingers and toes, because she only had 8 of each in the original image. LOL!). I put her in all sorts of situations here, but she's basically a cheerful optimist and constantly reading and promoting literacy. If anyone else remembers her in that particular classroom decor set, please let me know in the comments below. And of course, please share your love in the comments below as well. Reading and books are a special gift to all of us. Never forget that. Literacy rules!







































I also had our barefoot bookworm meet my favorite girl, Haruka Kaminogi, too! 








Thanks for viewing! 

1 comment: