Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween Quick Posts 1: Elvira Mistress of the Dark

Guys I'm sorry. Work has once again been really busy so I wasn't able to get out to release the major Halloween posts I was working on for today. As a consolation... I'll try to release some quick posts celebrating the holiday. First up is a nice Comic Cover of Elvira Mistress of the Dark.


(An alternate cover from the first issue of her comic book series.)

Gumball actually did a really nice tribute to this character earlier this year involving scenes of her animated incarnation from Scooby Doo here:

https://animefeet.blogspot.com/2020/10/happy-halloween-scooby-doo-elvira.html

Elvira is one of the classic Halloween themed characters in similar Morticia Addams (though their demeanors are very different). I don't know too much about her but remember catching a little bits of a movie featuring her on television. She seems playful and has a great sense of humor. I remember her being sarcastic and having a larger than life personality. I also remember watching an interview with her actress (Cassandra Peterson) and thinking she looks incredibly different from the character she portrays. The goth makeup and outfit really give her a memorable look.

Ok more Halloween shorts to come throughout the day. 

-Haunted Castle Keeper


2 comments: