Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Thursday, December 26, 2019

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars: Usagi Tsukino (Part 4)

This is the fourth part of Usagi's lovely feet in Sailor Stars. These are from Episodes 193, 195, 199 and 200. I'll tell you my thoughts on this last bit of the 90s anime on Sailor Moon after the pics and gifs below.
Episode 193

Episode 195

Episode 199

Episode 200
GIFs 
At long last, I had finished watching the original 1990s Sailor Moon anime. My personal thoughts of this childhood series of mine is bittersweet. Sure, there's more animated stuff like the upcoming Sailor Moon Eternal movies in September 11th, 2020 but looking back to this original 90s anime felt a long adventure coming to an end. I was pretty sad that it was all over and wanted more but at the same time, I don't want the anime to overstay its welcome unlike some other ones like Naruto. As for the ending, it was heartwarming that things got better for Usagi and Mamoru. The final message where a "The End" pops up, had me crying for a bit because the nostalgia ride was really over. When I first dive back to Sailor Moon over a decade later, I already finished other magical girl shows like Cardcaptor Sakura, Tokyo Mew Mew, Magical Knight Rayearth and a couple of Pretty Cure series. Right before I can return, I had to make one more stop which is the Crystal reboot to refresh my memory on the story and after that, I read the manga to see any differences, most of it is the same. Anyway, I finally dive back to the 90s Sailor Moon and I had instinct flashbacks to my past like I remember watching it during USA Action Extreme Team around 97 or 98 before I saw it on Toonami on Cartoon Network along with DBZ. After a while, it went off the air around the time I went to middle school and I pretty much forgotten about the series due to the changes of my life. It wasn't until I read in an announcement that Viz Media is redubbing the old show along with getting the reboot, I then realized how stupid I was to ignore this iconic series just because it is an magical girl franchise. I started watching it and enjoyed each arc. By the time I got into SuperS and Sailor Stars, I started to get into new territory because of my lack of memories of the last two seasons, especially the final one. So most of them was completely new to me. Overall, I really do love Sailor Moon, my childhood series that got me into anime in the first place along with Dragon Ball Z, it was a crazy ride from start to finish and I'll never forget the time Serena first transformed into Sailor Moon, I still call Usagi Serena even to this day along with the other like Rini/Chibiusa and Mina/Minako. I talked to Dan about my feeling towards Sailor Moon and we chat about it since we're both veteran Moonies at heart.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome Custom! Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I really want people to comment this.

      Delete
  2. Dan, do you think this would get any attention?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should think so. She's probably one of the most popular anime girls ever. If King comes around, he'll definitely say something.

      Delete
    2. I hope so because I worked so hard of this post on Sailor Moon, Dan.

      Delete
  3. Great post Custom. Love Sailor Moon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put my heart and soul to these posts on Sailor Moon because it meant a lot to me.

      Delete
  4. King, did you enjoy my posts on Sailor Moon?

    ReplyDelete