Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Wednesday, February 7, 2018

InuYasha: Kagome Higurashi 2

The female protagonist and a third year middle school student. In the tradition of many Rumiko Takahashi heroines (Lum, Akane Tendo, Kyoko Otonashi), Kagome can be extremely sweet, but can also become very dangerous when provoked. She is bold and determined to help others regardless of the cost. It is because of her that Inuyasha is able to make more friends. Her kind heart and beauty results in several men falling in love with her throughout their journey. InuYasha wears a special bead necklace (known as the Beads of Subjugation) which only responds to Kagome's command: when she yells "Sit!" ("Osuwari!") (Often "Sit, boy!" in the dub) InuYasha is thrown to the ground. The necklace was placed upon him due to his dangerous attitude when he was unsealed. As the series continues, Kagome uses the necklace less and less. It is scarcely used by this point in time, and is purely comedic relief when it is. Old Post From 2009 Here just adding some more clearer pictures and some new ones that were missed and/or deleted.































































11 comments:

  1. My first childhood anime crush during first grade, I loved and hated her at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I should anymore since I haven't watched it since I was 11 when it got cancelled, I'm sure it had fillers too, so for all I know some of the things I hated about her were probably filler.

      But I hated her mainly because she was extremely nosy and couldn't mind her own business for a second and for abusing Inuyasha with her "Sit Boy" spell when he didn't do anything wrong.

      And I didn't like her being mad at Inuyasha, just because he was still in love with Kikyo and promised to protect her, or at least that's how I remembered it, but there was probably more to it than that.

      Sorry for the long comment, but thanks asking, it got me really nostalgic.

      Delete
  2. Kagome is a cutie. Her English VA sounds similar to Sailor Mars' 1st English VA. Kagome and Rei also have a passing resemblence to one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. Really like Kagome a lot. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. TBH when I first watched/read Inuyasha loved Kagome. Second time was meh about her. Though both times I loved Kikyo, the third time reading through it about a year ago I started to like Kagome again. Great post =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What episode isbthe last one?

    ReplyDelete