Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Thursday, September 24, 2020

Popeye: Olive Oyl (Popeye the Lifeguard)

Back when I was a little kid I used to love watching the Popeye cartoons when they used to show them on Cartoon Network. Despite having big feet which as you guys know is one of the things that will make me spark an interest in someone, Olive Oyl was never a girl I really got into and I don’t really know why I guess it’s because she’s a little too cartoony for me but I’m sure she has her fans.

























































11 comments:

  1. Good job, you should also check out the classic Popeye short, King of the Mardi Gras. I really don't see what Popeye saw in her, she's as thin as a spoon or a stop sign. The feet are the only good thing she has going for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, never really found her attractive outside those huge feet. Though I blame her personality being annoying

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda like Olive Oyl. She is one of the very few female characters, that is treated almost equal to their male counterparts. How many female characters, especially durning this time, where involved in the slapstick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I don't know. I bet you're just into her big feet.

      Delete
  4. Fun fact Olive Oyl was created before Popeye. He was originally a guest character appearing in a comic strip focused on her family and went to become the lead due to his popularity. :-)

    ReplyDelete