Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Friday, April 28, 2023

Peter Pan (1953): Wendy Darling

In celebration of the remake coming out on Disney+ today, here is a post of Wendy from my all-time favorite Disney movie and one of my favorite movies of all time, Peter Pan. The eldest and most mature of the Darling children, who loves to tell the stories about Peter Pan and his adventures. For the part, Disney wanted a "gentle and gracefully “feminine" voice, which he found in Kathryn Beaumont who had previously voiced Alice in Alice in Wonderland (1951) and had just finished working on the film.














11 comments:

  1. Did you seen the new Peter Pan movie along with this one, GumballW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. I hope you're talking about the new movie and not this post.

      Delete
  2. So you love this movie, huh? It's one of my favorites too. Wendy's always been one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so we DO get to see her bare feet! Nice! It would've been adorable to see her go barefoot all around Neverland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never seen this movie? You should, it's a classic.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I have seen it. It's just been years since.

      Delete
    3. Oh, same here. Well as you remember, she WAS barefoot in Neverland in that non-disney live action Peter Pan movie from years back. And her feet got incredibly filthy as you saw. That one wasn't well received though. I'm not sure how Wendy looked in the original illustrations in JM Barrie's book.

      Delete
    4. Yeah, I do remember. I just wish I could've seen the bottoms!

      Delete
    5. Dan B, having her feet be filthy in the 2004 live-action movie was inevitable, and (IMHO) made more sense than having her wear slippers all of the time, as in this animated movie.

      Delete
    6. I agree completely Lionel. I just accentuated the fact because Layne is a huge fan of dirty feet.

      Delete