Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Friday, January 11, 2019

The Origins of Your #1 Waifus

In this post, I'm asking all of you to share who your favorite waifu is, when you first saw them, and how you came to admire them.

For myself, as some of you probably know, mine is Haruka Kaminogi from Noein: To Your Other Self. The truth is, I actually discovered her kind of by accident. It was on a Monday night in 2007 when WWE Monday Night RAW was being shown on SYFY instead of USA that week. On commercial breaks, I saw ads for their Ani-Monday block following RAW. I had no idea SYFY showed anime. The programs shown were anime currently licensed by Manga Entertainment, which included Noein, Tokko, Karas, and Tactics. Noein was up first, and while I didn't watch the episode, the opening song was great, so I decided to read up on this series. It looked interesting, so I went out and got the DVDs. It was truly worth it, as Haruka was a fabulous lead, along with wonderful traditional and CGI animation, a unique storyline involving quantum physics and future timespaces, and a present-day setting based on actual scenery and landmarks of Hakodate, Japan. I loved Haruka from the start due to her strong personality and attitude. She was voiced by Melissa Fahn in English, who also voiced Rika Nonaka in Digimon. So the two of them sound a lot alike, but Haruka is a little more friendlier than Rika. And her over-the-top amount of barefoot scenes throughout the series just sweetened the pot for me. Truly an amazing girl IMO.

So, please share your stories below in the comments. As I already know the identities of  the #1 waifus for several of our contributors, I'd really like to know how you came to know and love them. The same can be said for all the #1 waifus I don't know of, from everyone else. As usual, have fun with this, and have a wonderful weekend!

27 comments:

  1. Well, I had discovered Inori Yuzuriha during a trailer of Guilty Crown in 2011 then I saw the first episode of that anime, hearing her sing, combined her personality and beauty really melted my heart. She has a soft angelic voice in the Japanese and English versions. By the time it was the third episode, I felt in love with her after seeing her changing clothes and act so innocent. In Episode 8, she is SO cute in a pink swimsuit and her hair was down in the same episode when she took a bath. Inori is voiced by Ai Kayano in Japanese and Alexis Tipton in English. I felt so bad for her in the second half because she was a vessel to Mana, who was the main antagonist in the anime, in Episode 18, I like the way she said that no matter how bad things are, she will be by Shu's side and gave him a kiss after knocking him out in a harmless way. I was amazed that her feet was so detailed that I got me happy for her, I mean, I wanted show more of those feet of hers. I rewatched the anime when Funimation dubbed it because I love it and eventually brought the complete series in DVD/Blu-ray on Amazon. Inori does know how to fight and how to shoot a gun at her enemies. Also, I wanted to tell you that Inori is the start of my current waifu list like she led me to love girls like Rias from High School DxD and Asuna from SAO. All of this wouldn't be possible without mentioning Serena/Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon, since she was my first anime crush and I discovered Sailor Moon by accident when it was on Toonami in 1998 along with DBZ, she also gave me my love for long-haired girls in animation. As much as I love Inori from Guilty Crown, I had to pay respect to Sailor Moon as my starting point for getting me into anime girls, back before I knew a thing on anime and manga. Also, I remember Sailor Moon being on USA Network for a while before eventually aired on Cartoon Network. So my love for Inori Yuzuriha is strong but my love for Sailor Moon is unexpectedly stronger since it led me to finding more anime girls like Misty from Pokémon. My heart was pounding whenever Inori is shown because of how beautiful she really is and I'll never forget her. Also, since she is the vocalist for EGOIST, the internet band in Guilty Crown which became a real music group later, led me to enjoy their songs like My Dearest to Departures, sung by Chelly, who has such a lovely voice which got me relaxed. Inori was someone special in my life since she got me loving anime girls all over again from her caring personality to her singing, gave me hope after a very rough senior year in high school. I am a huge fan of mecha anime and Guilty Crown has that, I think my love for mecha started to come to life with Gurren Lagann and Gundam 00, both were on Ani-Monday on SyFy in 2008, I remember recording both of those shows on VHS and DVD, I still have those recordings to this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woderful Custom. Exactly what I was hoping for. Hopefully, there will be some more good stories like that later on here.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I know, Dan. Also, I heard of Noein on SyFy along with Tokko and Karas on Ani-Monday. I also discovered more anime like Read or Die on Ani-Monday too and recorded that OVA on VHS tapes. I mean, it was around the time the original Toonami was cancelled in late 2008. I do know a few anime that SyFy aired like Strait Jacket, Dead Leaves, Chrono Crusade, and Appleseed.

      Delete
  2. Wednesday Addams from the movies. So did love her dark snarky attitude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was about my first crush on a character, nothing to do with her feet. Though it was nice to see her barefoot for a brief scene in the second movie

      Delete
    2. Never thought about Wednesday. Thanks for sharing Match.

      Delete
  3. I've had a crush on blond women for awhile so it is possible her blond hair helped with my crush on Ino. Her outfit and color scheme is great as well. When I saw her first appearance in Naruto... she was perfect ... beautiful, smart, and a really skilled ninja. She also had a lot of energy and is really caring. She easily became my favorite character of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice of you, KSC. I do like Ino but Hinata is cuter in my opinion and has such cute baby soft feet.

      Delete
    2. The lead character for the Naruto series liked Hinata as well. :-)

      Ino all the way for me though. ^_^

      Delete
    3. I see. Did you read my story of how I met Inori Yuzuriha and my origins of my waifu?

      Delete
    4. The origins of my number one waifu wouldn't exist if it wasn't for Serena/Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon.

      Delete
    5. Thanks for sharing KSC. I'm sure you read mine too.

      Delete
    6. I bet he had already read your story, Dan.

      Delete
    7. Waiting for his response, Dan?

      Delete
    8. I read it. :-D It's a good story as well. ^_^

      Delete
    9. @Custom: Nah, just making idle conversation. But I'm glad he responded. I'm really hoping to hear from Gumball, Dean, and some of our other bloggers on this.

      Delete
    10. @KingsSidCastle: OK, I hope so too because their stories could be good as ours.

      Delete
    11. @KSC: Not to get off topic here, but you think Sai is a good husband for Ino?

      Delete
    12. He's not as good as me. :-D

      She seems happy with him though so I am happy for her. I like to imagine that there's an alternate reality where I wind up with her though.

      Delete
    13. @KSC: You want to marry Ino and worship her feet as you want?

      Delete