Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Friday, June 22, 2018

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card: Sakura Kinomoto (Part 1)

This is my take on Sakura but in the sequel since GumballW got me covered on the original series and movies. This is Part 1 that covers Sakura in the first 11 episodes. As for the sequel itself, it was basically the same kind of premise like the original series but with Clear Cards. To be honest, I had never got into Cardcaptor Sakura when it was new back then even though I heard about it from other people (as simply Cardcaptors in the Nelvana dub) until I heard about this sequel during the holidays of last year thanks to Funimation, because of that, I decided to check out the original series back in February of this year along with other magical girl series I missed out when they were released. When I was a kid during the late 1990s and early 2000s, the only magical girl series I actually know was Sailor Moon since it was one of the two shows that got me into anime in general (Dragon Ball Z was the other show). Anyway, I was amazed to see Sakura is a bit different from other magical girls like she doesn't wear only one outfit for each card hunt, I mean, Tomoyo literally loves to film Sakura in many outfits. When I first dived into Cardcaptor Sakura, I was amazed to see that it wasn't too brutal and dark like no major deaths or bloodshed during certain events to capture the Clow Cards, maybe I got so used to darker magical girls like Princess Tutu or Madoka Magica. In fact, Cardcaptor Sakura reminded me of Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya with the card capturing but more lighthearted.


8 comments:

  1. this new cardcaptors series is still on my to watch list at the moment :) I grew up watching the original series alongside pokemon, digimon, beyblade and yugioh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I love Sakura. Beautiful post Custom. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, Sailor Moon was my go-to for magical girls as part of my childhood, KSC. I rarely heard of Cardcaptor Sakura and didn't see the big deal was.

      Delete
    2. Sailor Moon was my go to as well. I watched a little bit of Cardcaptor Sakura though. ^_^

      Delete
    3. I only dive into Cardcaptor Sakura this year because of the sequel along with other magical girls.

      Delete