Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Saturday, June 30, 2018

Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card: Sakura Kinomoto (Part 2)

This is the second part of the tribute for Sakura in Clear Card that covers the last 11 episodes, I had finished this anime and it had an cliffhanger ending. This time around, there were less cards to capture and more on dealing with Akiho and Kaito, the new characters in the series and the mysterious "D", one of the most powerful wizards in existence originated in England according to Eriol. Another thing, I checked out CLAMP's other magical girl series, Magic Knight Rayearth back in April of this year, it reminded me of a few series: Dragon Quest (setting of Cephiro), Slayers (the magic stuff and artwork) and Escaflowne (the mecha and the story around the heroines trapped inside an fantasy world).

Final Thoughts: Even though I have finished the original series back in March despite having no childhood memories or nostalgia of Cardcaptor Sakura like many others, I still enjoyed this series. I wanted to thank CLAMP for creating this series because it is sweet and quite unique. I might check out more stuff from them like Angelic Layer next month.  

17 comments:

  1. Great second half for Sakura. She has some really nice scenes. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least, somebody commented on this post I made. I was afraid this will be ignored completely.

      Delete
    2. That's impossible. Sakura is too cute to be ignored completely. :-D

      Delete
    3. Then why you guys left her behind with this one?

      Delete
    4. I just got the chance to comment on it this morning. I got back home late last night.

      Delete
    5. I see, you had business to take cake for. What about the other older unfinished posts?

      Delete
    6. I try to comment on most of the entries when I can. It is only on rare occasions when I miss commenting on a post.

      Delete
    7. Still, I hated leaving posts blank because my work would have been for nothing.

      Delete
  2. Glad to know it can still be enjoyable without childhood memories and nostalgia, I haven't seen it since I was like 5 or 6, so the anime it must still hold up, seems like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I'm new to this series. Do you like socks?

      Delete
    2. Sorry for the late reply.
      Yeah, I've been getting into them lately.

      Delete
  3. Not every post is going to get comments. It’s really nothing to get upset about. This isn’t a popularity contest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you're saying that I worked on these posts for nothing?

      Delete
    2. That’s not what I’m saying at all. But just because a post doesn’t get comments doesn’t mean no one looked at it. I’ve been visiting this site daily for almost two years now and see every single post, but rarely comment. I’m sure there are plenty of others who do the same. Just try not to take it personally.

      Delete
    3. Then what is your reason for being this site?

      Delete