Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Thursday, September 6, 2018

Hokkaido Earthquake Tragedy

A quick sad post here: a 6.7 magnitude earthquake struck the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido early Thursday morning, the quake hit around 3 a.m. local time, southeast of Sapporo, at a depth of about 45 miles, killing around nine people, more than 350 people were injured and 30 others remained missing according to the Associated Press report. The earthquake triggered a blackout, cutting off power for 5.3 million people. Officials said it would take a week before power is fully restored, as they contended with damage from the quake. I'm showing you this because of some anime I know took place there like Saikano, Erased, Beautiful Bones, and Noein. I pray for those who lost their lives in that region and the ones who are struggling to survive without food, water, and power. I found this news from this article.
Rescue workers search for survivors from a house damaged by a landslide caused by an earthquake in the town of Atsuma, in Hokkaido, in this photo taken by Kyodo on September 6th.

21 comments:

  1. This is really sad but this isn’t the kinda stuff we should be posting here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but still, it had bothered me today. Sorry, OK?

      Delete
    2. Yes. I was wondering why live action or real female feet is allowed on this blog on special events.

      Delete
    3. Yes, Noein took place in the port city of Hakodate. Our hearts go out to all the lives lost, and all the people this unfortunate tragedy has affected. God bless everyone.

      Delete
    4. At least, you appreciate this, DanBoccia.

      Delete
    5. Of course, and I'm sure Triton does too.

      Delete
  2. Unrelated as it is, I nevertheless intend to keep the people of Hokkaido in my thoughts. I hope the injured don't suffer any permanent injuries and that power returns as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know. The last time I got so saddened was the earthquake occurred in the Tohoku one in March of 2011.

      Delete
  3. Sending all of my thoughts to the citizens of Japan. And there was supposed to be a Nintendo Direct too. Man, this is a day that was once good turned upside down. Again, I'll be thinking of them being out of harm's way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I would have been really frustrated if that earthquake hit the Kyoto region.

      Delete
  4. Your awesome for this custom 958 my heart and prayers go out to everyone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man. I hated when this happens. Not only did many people got killed. Nintendo Direct was delayed too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really sad to hear about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this.

    ReplyDelete