Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Saturday, July 28, 2018

Polly Pocket

Having grown up in the 90's I remember the commercials for the Polly Pocket dolls pretty well. (They had a very catchy jingle based on the Rockin Robins theme). The dolls were basically a series of pocket playsets a small kit with tiny dolls and accessories. They were sort of the girl's equivalent of the Might Max playsets (another toy brand). Recently Mattel has relaunched the character and toys with a new 2018 cartoon. One of their recent episodes show the three female leads having fun in swimsuits. ^_^
Some Animations
A little bit of a load time
(These are from the Polly Pocket 2018 cartoon series episode 2. A Huge Thank you to JTurner for recommending this. ^_^) 

In the Cartoon Polly has a magic locket that allows her to shrunk and grow things. :-)  She hangs out with her two friends Lila and Shani (both featured in this post). The cartoon seems pretty nice though it is definitely targeted towards girls more. Polly seems like a cool character... intelligent, energetic and optimistic. The episode I saw had her using her wits and determination to defeat the shows villains (characters that wanted to use the powers of her locket for no good). The cartoon is nicely drawn and I give the show props on it character design and animation.

Since the series is just starting out hopefully while get to see more of its female characters feet in the future. :-)

Until Next Time Everyone!
-KSC 

22 comments:

  1. Never heard of this cartoon. Not every post we upload is going to be great because there will be some bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...It's a new cartoon based on a classic doll set. I think they are relaunching her.

      Delete
    2. I'm still skeptical on your ways of doing things.

      Delete
    3. Like you never had complaints or issues with these posts. I was wondering how can you not had any problems or at least explain why you are being less of a critic.

      Delete
    4. oh... I guess because I know how much work it requires to create a post so it is easy to appreciate the effort that posters put into making their tributes. ^_^

      Delete
    5. What if you don't like your own posts then will you scrap them?

      Delete
    6. I don't think it has come up. I usually find something I like to say about a character before I post them so I usually am not unhappy with posts that I've made.

      Delete
    7. Have you ever had any bad posts or not so good comments? I mean, have you been upset on stuff?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :-) Yeah. This one is probably lighter in tone than some of my other ones.

      Delete
  3. Nice choice to the collection. Last time I've seen Holly Pocket on TV was ten years ago on Nick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah She goes way back. It's impressive that this doll set is still going strong. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Heyy, This is not the Polly i saw before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still remember a commercial from way back advertising her water park, ended with a double sole shot of her. Wish I could find it. Found several others just not that one

    ReplyDelete